Congratulations on a fantastic first week!
Below is a message sent by Principal Godbey on Friday, August 21, 2020, via School Messenger. If you did not receive this, please contact the La Ballona office staff and ask to be added to the mailing list.
Hello there La Ballona Families!
Congratulations! You made it through your first two days of Distance Learning 2.0! I bet you are as exhausted as we are! It’s so wonderful how we are all coming together to help our children grow and learn. Here are the top seven things to know for next week at La Ballona!
- Our supplies are ordered and are coming in! We are planning to distribute them all on Monday, August 31st. We will send you a schedule for when to pick up your supplies. Thank you in advance Culver City Ed Foundation and PTA!
- Parents, please remember that your children are in school, even though they are at home. Don’t forget that many children can hear and see you in the background. Please be sure you are modeling appropriate Zoom Netiquette.
- The La Ballona Specials schedule is HOT OFF THE PRESS. Please see the attachments. Your teachers will include the specials in their schedules as well.
- Need a Chromebook to borrow for the year? Each Wednesday at La Ballona, we will be loaning out devices in the Parking Lot from 10am-12pm.
- This next week, we will continue our Soft Start. This means that the focus will be on building classroom community and routines.
- Attention TK-2nd families, please meet your vocal music teacher, Ms. Gallagher. Watch Ms. Gallagher’s Video.
- Be on the lookout for your classroom teacher’s schedule. It will arrive by Monday at 8am.
- New to La Ballona, check our this short video tour La Ballona Tour.
- Check out our PTA’s website www.laballonapta.org.
- What a smooth beginning! Great job all!